DualCap Duo™ is a sterile, single-use device containing two disinfecting caps — both for use on the frequently-accessed needleless luer access valves. Recently FDA-cleared and now available for purchase, Duo is the only device with two disinfectant caps for needleless luer access valves conveniently located in one sterile package.
Duo is especially valuable during IV line setup when the tubing has multiple access valves or when accessing IV catheters with multiple access valves, both of which commonly occur. With the DualCap System™, the access valve does not need to be scrubbed with a disinfectant prior to use, saving nursing time and eliminating the variability due to differences in scrubbing time and technique.
As part of the DualCap System, Duo combines efficacy and simplicity, arming clinicians with a complete set of easy-to-use and safe devices.
DualCap Duo is:
- Sterile inside and outside
- Individually packaged to help reduce potential for patient cross-contamination
- Secure, with luer‐lock design (INS Standards of Practice for add‐on devices, 2011)
- Effective in killing the microorganisms known to cause blood stream infections
- Not manufactured with natural rubber latex and DEHP‐free